1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is what God wants you to do.

Friday, January 3, 2014

PROGRESS


Thank all of you who have assured me of your prayers and wished me a speedy recovery. Many have asked me how I am doing and I have not responded to all the emails, posts and other inquiries. So now, at the changeover of years, allow me to do so here.
As most of you know, on November 30th I looked down at a GPS while driving into a curve, looked up to see I was going off the road into a mud puddle, and over corrected which caused me to slide across the road into some trees. For once I did not have my seat belt fastened so I was thrown around the air bag. My head went through the windshield and I was then thrown against the passenger side door. I was knocked out for two or three minutes but was awake and lucid by the time someone stopped. After twelve hours in the ER I missed Sunday services the next day. I haven’t missed any services since. My face and scalp were cut up, the index finger of the left hand was broken, one vertebrae in the neck was chipped and there were bruises and pulled muscles everywhere. Now, a month later, my face and scalp have healed but I                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         I still have pins in the finger and a brace on my neck. These will be with me for a few more weeks.
In answer to your inquiries, I am doing fine. I haven’t been limited in activities except for tennis (alas!). Without a divine miracle, healing is a slow process, but I will get there. I’ve told a few friends that with the Lord and Lortab (a pain killer) I’m doing fine. (And I have certainly been thanking God for the medical scientists who, under His inspiration, have made pain killers available.)
Please continue to pray for me as I do for you. 

Grace and Peace

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the accident and I’ll pray fro the pain to subside.

    Reminds me that I drove off the road near Decatur (sleepy) but awoke in an empty flat field and able to bring the car to a stop.

    There by the grace of God go we.

    ReplyDelete