1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is what God wants you to do.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

SELF DRIVING AUTO


               I am impressed by advances made in automobile technology. I now have “On star” in my vehicle, a system through which I can receive step by step directions to my selected destination. It will also alert emergency responders if I have an accident and inform them of my location. It will also call whom I wish in an emergency situation. It is also equipped with hands free phone calling, if I choose to use it.          

On TV I’ve seen autos which parallel park themselves. The driver takes his hands off the steering wheel and allows the car to do its thing. Already they have produced a car which is completely automatic, it drives itself. You just tell it where you want to go and it takes you there. It should be on the market within this decade. Wow! Read the paper while you commute. No more accidents and no more speeding tickets. You see, humans, who are prone to errors and mistakes are removed from the process

            To bad we can’t come up with autopilots for humans themselves. Program them to follow God’s will and they could keep us on track. Wait. For Christians there is already something like that. Paul urges us, “Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16) But to walk in the Spirit would take away our free will. Too many times we want to do our will rather than God’s.

            Walk in the Spirit. He will keep you on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment