1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is what God wants you to do.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

SO LONG


                           The past couple of days have been rather hectic for Liz and me as we prepared for our anniversary trip. First we had to measure our luggage to make sure its dimensions were allowed by the airline and the tour company. After doing so we needed to contemplate what to leave behind. We are notorious for packing too much for any trip. We tend to carry along anything we think we may need. And most of these are things which could easily be replaced along the way. We also pack as though there will be no laundry facilities where we stay; therefore we carry eleven days of clothes. In my case we need a suitcase just to carry all the medicines I take or use or may need. (Alka-Seltzer anyone?)
            This trip had a new wrinkle. I went to the library and downloaded some books to my I pad. No need to carry hard copies with me, even though I prefer reading from a page rather than a screen.
            Then we needed to get all our papers and passports together in logical order, which by no means indicate that we will not fumble with them as we need them.
            We finally got it all done, and will get on our way this afternoon. With all the air line tragedies lately, we covet your prayers for our safe travel.
            Our final trip will be much less hectic. The Lord will take us up to be with Him. We won’t need to take anything with us, no passports and no luggage. In fact, Liz is concerned by some of the depictions of the rapture which have people being caught up without their clothes! However He wants to take us is fine with me. “Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up….”(I Thessalonians 4:17) 

Grace and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment