1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is what God wants you to do.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

I'm Back

I haven't posted since early December.  You know the reason, too many things going on.  I hope to do better.  Thank you for your understanding.

           I trust your Christmas was a happy celebration.  The birthday of Jesus continues to be one of the most celebrated days of the year, even though many celebrants do not know Jesus and many, I’m sure, don’t even know who He is.  May God continue to use the celebration of His birth to reach many for Him.
            Let us also wish you a Happy New Year!  It is sobering to me, who was born in the depression year of 1935 that this is 2012.  Where did all that time go?
            I don’t make many predictions, but I can safely make this prediction.  The New Year will usher in both good and bad.  We don’t know what the future holds for any one of us.  But we have dealt with the ups and downs of previous years, and God will help us through whatever we face this year.  Because of this, because He will be with us at all times and in all circumstances, because we know we have the victory no matter what, because He holds the future, we will certainly have a Happy New Year.
            We claim the promise of God through the pen of Isaiah,  “Fear not, for I am with you;  Be not dismayed for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, Yes I will help you,  I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”  (Isaiah 41:10)
            Do have a Happy New Year, and in Christ I know you will!

Grace and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment