1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is what God wants you to do.

Friday, June 7, 2013

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES


I have this account on Facebook, the social networking system available on the internet. I seldom post anything on Facebook. If I do, most often it will be a blog. I do keep up with what others have posted, particularly our children, but also friends from over the years, many of them from churches I have served as pastor.
A couple of weeks ago I was inundated with Facebook greetings wishing me a happy birthday and responding to pictures my girls had posted on their sites. So many greetings were sent that I can’t begin to respond to each one.
Each one was received with gladness but some were special. At rare times I wonder if my 55 years of ministry has accomplished anything, has fulfilled the calling I have in the Lord. Messages thanking me for the impact I had on that person’s life remind me of the numerous youth I’ve been privileged to lead in their formative years, of the
many instances I have been able to walk with someone through troubled times, of times I was able to help get a marriage back on track, times God used me to lead someone into a relationship with Christ, or helped them move closer to Christ. And these memories lead to others where we helped churches make some significant decisions.
            I thank all of you, my friends, for remembering me and helping me to remember. “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now.” (Philippians 1:3-4) 

Grace and peace. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment