1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is what God wants you to do.

Monday, December 2, 2013

A MOMENT OF STUPIDITY


Saturday I had an accident. I was distracted looking down at a GPS in a curve, looked up and saw I was running off the road into a mud hole. I overcorrected, slid across the road and into some trees. The airbag deployed, but, unusual for me, I had failed to buckle my seatbelt. I evidently slid around the bag and into the windshield. The van was totaled. I have a broken left forefinger, a neck brace, a bloody face, forehead and scalp, and am sore all over my body. I was in the ER twelve hours, and missed the Iron Bowl. But now I am at home typing this on Monday Morning (December 2nd).
Some would say that I was lucky or fortunate that it was no worse. With a little more force it could have been fatal. But I was not lucky. I was surrounded. “The angel of the Lord encamps all around them that fear Him, and delivers them.” (Psalm 34:7) I have spoken often of our need to look for God’s hand in everything that happens. So I am praising God that it wasn’t any worse, and I know His hand was in that. I am praising God that no oncoming vehicle was in the other lane on a busy road, and God’s hand was in that. So I am grateful to God for life, for medical care and for healing.
Lastly, my stupidity proves once again the danger of distracted driving. 

Grace and Peace

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're ok. I know God has had His angels protect me many times. That's the only way I could have survived all the times I used to foolishly text while driving.

    ReplyDelete