1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is what God wants you to do.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

JUST PRAY ABOUT IT


             Jesus instructs us in His sermon on the mount, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7) I often teach that we should not only pray without ceasing, but also that we need to pray about everything. No request is too petty for our God.

            God in his infinite knowledge is currently keeping up with 6,000,000,000 + individuals in this world. With His infinite knowledge and His infinite power, I am convinced He is able to keep up with the prayers, great and small, of all these people, and to respond to their prayers.

            I have taught that we need to pray in the least of matters. Car keys lost? Tell God about it and that you need some help finding them. Stymied on a project? Talk to Him about it and your need for some insight or inspiration. I have found that it is not coincidental that I soon have the location of the lost object or the inspiration sought. So I make a habit of praying about everything going on in my life, no matter how insignificant.

            I was pleased recently when someone shared that they, in response to my preaching, had begun to do the same, and that they have been amazed at how often God answers these prayers, sometimes almost immediately. So I urge you once again, pray about everything, great and small. God hears and helps.

 

Grace and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment