1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is what God wants you to do.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

ANNIVERSARY GIFT


                Previously I mentioned a gift for our fifty-fifth anniversary. Liz hates to fly over the ocean. But she has conceded that she would cross one more time for a trip to the British Isles. We had been to London once but London was all we saw. As I began thinking about this milestone fifty-fifth anniversary it occurred to me that such a trip would be just the thing for our celebration. Several months ago I began plotting and getting reservations for the trip. So I surprised her with an eleven day tour of Britain; i.e. England, Scotland, North Ireland, Ireland and Wales. The trip is scheduled for August 7-17.
                I predicted to our children her first question would be, “How are you paying for this?” So I explained to her that I started the process months ago by selling my little truck. I hadn’t been using it much since we moved into the Oaks on Parkwood.  I sold my guns, neither of which had been fired in over three decades. Then I began to squirrel away from our budget a little here and a little there until I had the expense covered.
                Neither of us has a “bucket list,” but I suspect, considering our ages and the cost of travel, this will be the last major trip we will undertake. I am grateful to the Lord for our current health and the resources to accomplish it. I am grateful to the Lord that together we have been able to see much of His beautiful world. We have traveled together to Mexico, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Greece, Italy, London, Israel twice, Hawaii, Alaska now the whole of the British Isles. We have also been in all fifty states of our country.
                With the seraphim in the temple vision of Isaiah I can declare, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!” (Isaiah 6:3)
 
Grace and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment