1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is what God wants you to do.

Sunday, November 30, 2014

REMEMBER ME


             I don’t have Alzheimer’s disease. Nor do I have dementia. I probably share some signs of senior memory loss by not severe. My greatest memory challenge is with the computer. I wrote last about a computer virus. This memory challenge has to do with “user name” and “password.” I can’t remember them. I use less than a half dozen of each. But I have a hard time remembering which goes with which account. I handle the problem by keeping a little book in my desk with all my accounts and their user name and password. If my first or second try to log into an account fails, I look it up in the book. A few I log into often I do remember.
               I find it is true with other things also. If I don’t write down a name after being introduced, I won’t remember it. Anything I want to remember, I know I need to write it down. 
              God, of course, can remember everything, except He has or will forget our sins. “For I will forgive their iniquity and their sin I will remember no more.” (Jeremiah 31:34) God will not forget us, but I am so glad that the Lord’s has me written in the “lamb’s book of life.” In his vision of heaven the Apostle John says he saw no one who was not written there. “But there shall by no means enter (heaven)…only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.” (Revelation 21:27)           

   Grace and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment